Total time: 25 min
Makes 2 servings.
- 1 block of Trader Joe’s Organic 3 Grain Tempeh
- 2 spoonfuls of pickle relish (try to get the unsweetened kind in a can)
- 2 spoonfuls of vegan mayonnaise
- 2 slices of vegan cheese (I prefer Violife cheddar slices)
- Salt & pepper
- Arugula, optional
- Bring some water to boil in a sauce pan.
- Break the tempeh in half and put it in the boiling water. Let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Take the 2 pieces of tempeh out of the water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Put each piece of tempeh in a bowl and mash the tempeh with a fork until you can no longer mash.
- Put a dollop (1 spoonful) of pickle relish and 1 dollop of vegan mayonnaise in each bowl. Mix.
- Break 2 slices of cheese (about Kraft single size) into small chunks and split the chunks amongst the bowls.
- Microwave the bowls for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Mix the melted cheese in.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add some washed arugula to each bowl to complete the salad.